Feva Restaurant - La BarchessaFeva is situated in Borgo Treviso, in the very historical heart of Castelfranco Veneto(3), just a few steps from the walls of the medieval castle.
We have a big private parking place for the convenience of our guests, which is apt to any kind of event..
We have at our guest's disposal a dining hall with 9 intimate tables, for maximum 30 people.
During summer time we prepare a small terrace next to the kitchen.
Villa RenataFor big events.
Piano Nobile, a covered and elegant space with venetian marbles, frescoes and beautiful rooms and a big park, where during the summer time we can organize aperitif-time, buffet and internal receptions. They both offer the possibility to create and offer big and personalized events.
Historical outlineIn the second decade of the 17th century a fifth monastery is added in Castelfranco; in 1613 the "R. di Padri Zocolanti de S. Francesco della Refforma di S.to Antonio" express their will to establish in the city. So this place is chosen to build a church and a monastery in Borgo Treviso. The city community thus buys for the poor monks a little lot for their agriculture activities, with a kitchen garden, a big yard and a shed.
In 1615 the monastery is already occupied and by the end of its building it counts two cloisters, plenty of rooms and kitchen gardens and it had a peculiarity: a big library with around 3000 books.
In 1780 there are 15 regular religious members of the "Riformati" in Castelfranco, which is sufficient to save the monastery to the dissolution of the monasteries with less than 12 memebers, as ordered by the Venetian Republic; in 1804 the monastery is still existing and it counts six priests living there.
Of the monastery, which was suppressed in 1808 and passed to the State property, it remains today "un chiostrino di francescane misure" ("a little cloister of Franciscan size") writes Bordignon Favero.
Some frescoes of the monastery, representing Saint Anthony and Saint Bonaventura at human size and probably placed in the triumphal arch, are saved to the demolition of the church in 1812. These works of arts (originally from the 17th century) are attributed to Orazio del Paradiso and they were taken away with the technique of the "strappo d'affresco" ("wrench of fresco") and re-collocated in the lateral vestibules of the new cathedral of Saint Mary and Saint Liberale in the old center of Castelfranco Veneto; a fresco representing the Annunciation to Mary was laid over to the two images of the saints.
Up to the last century the original state of the building has maintained a function of building connected to the palace since all the spaces have been used as warehouse. Despite this fact, the historical origin of the building is originally from the 17th century and bound to the monastery of the Franciscan "frati minori" (minor friars) as it can be read in the historical land register.
In the end of the 20s of last century the architect Francesco Bonfanti from Bassano del Grappa (VI) made a renovation of the Palace "Villa Renata". He changed the external façades of the building, since he created two tympani in the principal façade and making some works in the north and west façades.
In 2008 a radical restoration work of the walls, of the doors, windows and shutters and of the different internal systems was made.
In 2011 other partial modifications (carefully run by "Studio Parolini Architettura" of Castelfranco Veneto) have led to today's appearance with the function of a restaurant.
(3) Castelfranco Veneto: small city in the middle of the provinces of Veneto, served by the main national railway lines (FS) and by international airports (Airports of Venice and Treviso).